We're looking for talented, enthusiastic people to join the office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Dyfed-Powys
Here you can find out all you need to know about our current career opportunities in the office.
Head of the Safer Communities Network
About the Role
The post-holder will work closely with and be accountable to the Safer Communities Board to:
- lead the development, establishment and co-ordination of the Safer Communities Network for Wales;
- provide line management for the Network staff team and specifically the Network Business & Network Development Manager and the Network Communications & Events Manager;
- promote, support and facilitate the reinvigoration of local, regional and national leadership for community safety partnership working across Wales;
- be responsible for keeping stakeholders up to date with policy and practice developments in community safety and related areas;
- provide opportunities for sharing emerging and evidenced best practice on the coordination and local delivery of community safety priorities.
The successful candidate to the role of Head of the Safer Communities Network is welcome to join the interview panel for roles of the Business & Network Development Manager, Communications & Events Manager and Business Support Officer.
Information about the Safer Communities Board for Wales
This post will primarily support and take forward the work of the Safer Communities Board, supporting and enabling the Board to provide leadership, oversight and direction to community safety work across Wales. The Board has been established by local government and policing in Wales, involving other partners, with the aim of providing effective shared leadership to support local partnership working to support safe, strong and more confident communities.
The Board will provide shared national leadership in tackling and addressing community safety issues, including identifying new and emerging shared priorities for cation and ensuring a supportive policy, practice and partnership infrastructure is in place to enable successful delivery, locally and regionally as most appropriate. It will also promote joined-up approach nationally and locally to related initiatives and projects such as the Violence Prevention Unit, the ACE’s Hub and Early Action Together to highlight the importance of prevention and early intervention approaches and ensuring they are embedded in practice locally, regionally and nationally in Wales.
Application form and job specification: https://www.wlga.wales/head-of-the-safer-communities-network