Young People’s Voice
To ensure that young people have a voice on policing and crime matters, the PCC established a Youth Engagement Forum with Youth Ambassadors in December 2018.
Our aim with the Youth Ambassador Scheme is to ensure that as many young people as possible are given the opportunity to shape the future of policing and crime prevention across Dyfed-Powys.
What is a Youth Ambassador?
Our Youth Ambassador Scheme:
- Provides opportunities for young people to have their say on policing and crime in the communities they live in;
- Enables young people to influence and challenge decision-making;
- Helps us to better understand young people’s views and experiences of crime and policing so that we can ensure we successfully safeguard children and young people and promote their wellbeing
Youth Ambassadors will:
- Help us identify what are young people’s priorities
- Create exciting campaigns that will raise awareness of young people’s priorities
- Consult with young people on policing and crime issues locally and feedback to the Police and Crime Commissioner
- Support the Police and Crime Commissioner with his scrutiny work by attending some meetings to challenge decisions, provide recommendations, and influence change for the benefit of young people in our area.
What's in it for Young people?
- Tempo time credits that can be exchanged for a local service or activity
- Meet new friends from across Mid and West Wales
- Opportunity to develop new skills
- Influence positive changes
- Expenses paid for and refreshments at Youth Forum Meetings
- A great experience to reference on a CV
How to apply:
We are currently recruiting for Youth Ambassadors. If you live in the Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion or Powys, aged between 14 and 25, and this sounds like something you would like to be involved in, then apply now, by;
- Sending us an email to OPCC.Communication@dyfed-powys.police.uk, and we will send you an application form, or;
- Download the application form from the menu bar on the right hand side of this page. Closing date 15th January.