The purpose of the Panel is to independently assess, scrutinise and quality control the use of out of court disposals (such as cautions, community resolutions and youth restorative disposals), by Dyfed-Powys Police. The Panel can make recommendations, feedback on individual cases to officers, communicate findings, promote best practice and identify potential policy development or training needs for consideration by the Force or other agencies involved. The Panel cannot change the original outcome of the case.
Members include representatives from criminal justice organisations such as the Courts, Police Force, Probation Service, Youth Offending and Crown Prosecution Service.
- Review of 2016/17 Quarter 4 (Jan-Mar 2017)
- Review of Domestic and Firearms Incidents (Nov 2016 - Aug 2017)
- Review of Public Order Incidents (Oct - Dec 2017)
- Review of Criminal Damage Incidents (Dec 2017 - Feb 2018)
- Review of Burglary Incidents (Sept 2017 - May 2018)
- Review of Possession of Controlled Drugs (May 2018 - July 2018)
- Review of Possession of Controlled Drugs and Youth Sexual Offence Cases (Oct 2017 - Nov 2018)
- Review of Domestic Abuse Cases (Dec 2018 -Apr 2019)
- Review of Adult and Youth Fraud and Theft Cases (Nov 18 - Apr 2019)